Cookies and Personal Data Protection
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet is the biggest music and performance art institution in the country, and its aim is to present opera, ballet and concerts of the highest artistic quality. This also involves being open about the personal data that we collect about you, and how we use and share this personal data.
Personal Data Protection and Cookies
When the company processes personal data, the managing director of The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet is the data controller.
Questions regarding personal data can be directed to our data protection adviser: Thore Næss, email@example.com.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data to deliver, support, adapt and develop our services to make them more relevant and useful to you. Personal data means any type of information that can be directly or indirectly linked to an individual person.
When you sign up to our newsletter, we will collect the following information about you or your user device:
- Your e-mail address
- Your first and last name (optional)
2.2. Purchasing tickets
When you purchase tickets through our services, your purchases, reservations or cancellations will be recorded. This includes the following information:
- Postcode and town/city
- Mobile number
- Any applicable discount (student/OBOS membership/senior citizen/subscription/special price)
- Customer category (e.g. subscription customer or member of our supporting associations’ clubs)
- Channel through which the ticket is purchased and where in the auditorium you will be sitting
- To help develop our services, we may occasionally send you a questionnaire. You are not obliged to respond to questionnaires and you can decide what information to provide. We will inform you whether the questionnaire is anonymous or not.
All customer data and purchase history (not card number) are stored on the server of our ticket system provider.
When you visit our website operaen.no, your user data are logged, for example, when you view or click on content (e.g. a performance) or perform a search. For a more detailed description of the information collected on operaen.no, see Clause 3.3.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet processes your personal data in order to give you a tailored and personalised user experience when using our services.
Personal data collected in connection with the distribution of our newsletter are processed to:
- send you our newsletter and thus keep you updated about performances and events or similar marketing-related communication, and to send you exclusive offers;
- If you take part in campaigns or competitions arranged by the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet through our newsletter, the information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the campaign and competition.
- We use your e-mail address to verify your identity.
Your e-mail address will be stored in a separate database and will not be shared with third parties. It will be also deleted if you unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of the newsletter.
3.2. Purchasing tickets
The personal data collected in connection with ticket purchases are processed to:
- Complete your ticket orders.
- Send you non-commercial e-mails reminding you that a performance is coming up and to give you practical information.
- Distribute questionnaires. We are always interested in developing our services and will therefore send you a questionnaire after a performance or event. We will inform you of the purpose of the questionnaire and will not share information with third parties or use your information for any purpose other than those specified herein.
- For statistics and analysis purposes that could help to improve and adapt our products, services and systems.
We use the information we collect when you visit operaen.no to adapt and improve the content of our website, and to advertise our performances and events through other channels and websites other than our own.
3.3.1. Statistics and analyses
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet collects information about visitors to operaen.no to compile statistics on how visitors use our website. The purpose is to improve and further develop the information provided on our website. For example, the statistics tell use how many people visit particular pages, how long they stay on the page, which websites our users come from and which browsers they use. This information does not contain user-specific data.
You can learn how to set your browser to allow/block cookies on www.nettvett.no and get tips on how to browse safely online.
If you block cookies, you should be aware that the functionality of our website and others may be affected.
Overview of cookies
An overview of the cookies used on operaen.no is provided below. The table includes the name of the cookie, a description of its purpose, the name of the provider and how long it is saved in the browser.
3.3.3. Deviation status
Cookies are used to remember whether a user has read a deviation message so it is not shown again. The time that the deviation message was minimised/closed is stored so that it can be shown again if there is a change. The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet does not collect this type of information.
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet stores information about search words used on operaen.no. The purpose of storing search words is to improve the information we give. Stored search words are not linked to information about users.
3.3.5. Telephone enquiries and enquiries via email@example.com
Enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org may be stored in our secured digital data archives with access control.
Please do not send sensitive personal data by e-mail.
4. Sharing information with third parties
Personal data collected for the use of our services are only shared with subcontractors who satisfy the personal data processing requirements of the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet.
5. Your rights
As a user of the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet’s services, you have the right to request access to the personal data we process about you and the data processing method. You can also request the personal data to be corrected or deleted, or restrict the way that the data are processed, pursuant to the Norwegian Personal Data Act.
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet processes your personal data on the basis of your given consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your ‘consent will not affect the legality of your processed personal data up until the date your consent is withdrawn.
As mentioned above, enquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
If you believe that the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet has infringed your rights under the Norwegian Personal Data Act, you have the right to complain to the applicable supervisory authority. You can do this by submitting a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.