Anaïs Touret has danced prominent parts in Kylián's One of a Kind and Gods and Dogs, soloist couple in Ekman's Cacti, the only female role in Naharin's Secus, and her role in Johannessen’s The Rite of Spring was created especially for her. She has danced in Makarova's La Bayadère and Balanchine’s Serenade and Symphony in C, Giselle, Spuck’s Anna Karenina, Boyadjiev’s Nutcracker, Cranko’s Onegin and various roles in MacMillan’s Manon and Holmes’ Swan Lake, including Czardas. With the NNB 2, Touret danced Juliet in King’s Romeo and Juliet and performed in Smith’s Departures, Kylián’s Evening Songs and Balanchine’s Allegro Brillante.
As a choreographer, Touret made her debut on the Main Stage in 2021 with Afternoon of a Faun, co-created with Whitney Jensen. She has created the works Inversion (2018), Mind (2019) before choreographing both Wagō for the Norwegian National Ballet and Let's Play for the Norwegian National Ballet 2 in 2020. She was also selected to perform in the International Draft Works at the Royal Opera House in London. She is a member of the workshop company, part of the Norwegian National Ballet’s choreographic initiative.
French Anaïs Touret (born in 1997) began dancing at the age of four. She studied at the École National Superieure de Danse de Marseille and Académie de Danse Princesse Grace in Monte Carlo. As a student, she danced the pas de deux in Maillot’s Cinderella, one of the two sisters in Swan Lake. She has also danced in Cherkaoui’s In Memoriam, Ek’s Swan Lake, Kylián’s Un Ballo, Balanchine’s Serenade and the Donizetti Variations. Before coming to Oslo, she danced in Maillot’s Nutcracker with Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and in the Royal Ballet’s Manon in Monte Carlo in 2013.
Selection of previous acts
- 2. pas de deux in MATS EK
- Cacti in Ekman / Haagenrud / Kylián
- Cacti Soli Par in Ekman / Haagenrud / Kylián
- Ett ungt par in MATS EK …
- Group in The Hamlet Complex Redux
- Hermia in A Midnight Sun's Dream
- How Did I Get Where... in Baroque Movement
- Medvirkende in Alan Lucien Øyen: Nothing Personal
- One of a kind in Kylián: One of A Kind
- Passage Duet 1 in Crystal Pite
- Scheherazade in A Night of Dance x 12
- Yellow in Portner/Kylian/Balanchine
- Zulma in Giselle