"Samantha Lynch does an outstanding main role. From balancing onto the stage, where she stays throughout the entire performance, she demonstrates a deep understanding of Jiří Kylián’s quaint and enigmatic movements." Thus wrote the Norwegian newspaper Vårt Land about Lynch's debut in Kylián's One of a Kind in 2021. In the autumn of the same year, she was one of four dancers from the Norwegian National Ballet touring with the performance Dialogues, where she danced in Portner's islands and Kylián's 14'20''. Lynch also played a key role in Moum Aune’s biographic dance performance We are better now? in 2020, and in 2017, she contributed to the choreography of her role as Aunt Julle in Moum Aune’s critically acclaimed ballet Hedda Gabler.
She has danced prominent roles in Kylián’s Soldiers' Mass, Gods and Dogs and Tiger Lily, Myrtha in Giselle and Mercedes in Nurejev's Don Quixote. Furthermore, she has danced in the world premieres islands (Portner) and The Commoners (Haagenrud), in Proietto’s solo Cygne, Johannesen’s Scheherazade, and in such ballets as Swan Lake, Cinderella, The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, MacMillan’s Manon, Scarlett’s Carmen and Ekman’s A Swan Lake and ROOMS.
As a choreographer, Lynch made her debut on the Main Stage with A Boléro in the spring of 2021. Lynch is the initiator behind and, for several years, has run the dancers’ choreography workshop NNB RAW. Together with Douwe Dekkers, she has created several works, including for: jake, which was selected for the International Draft Works with the Royal Ballet in London. In the autumn of 2020, she created the work C aura for the performance of Chamber Dance and has since been part of the workshop company, part of the Norwegian National Ballet’s new choreographic undertaking.
Originally from Melbourne, Lynch studied at the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet. She has been a trainee with the San Francisco Ballet and danced for six years with the Houston Ballet before joining the Norwegian National Ballet, where she has danced in such works as Hush and Grinning in your face by Christopher Bruce.
- Knot A Duet in Portner/Kylian/Balanchine
- Purple in Portner/Kylian/Balanchine
- Red in Portner/Kylian/Balanchine
- Wall in Portner/Kylian/Balanchine
- Blomstervals par in The Nutcracker
- Cygne in Lyset på Nasjonalballetten
- Den Svarte in MATS EK …
- Drosselmeyer in The Nutcracker
- Fyrstinne Betsy in Anna Karenina
- Gertrude - danser in The Hamlet Complex Redux
- Gertrude in The Hamlet Complex Redux
- Gods & Dogs in A Night of Dance x 12
- Gods and Dogs in Ekman / Haagenrud / Kylián
- Hun in MATS EK
- islands in A Night of Dance x 12
- One of a kind in Kylián: One of A Kind
- Resonance in Baroque Movement
- Tante Julle in Hedda Gabler
- The Commoners in Ekman / Haagenrud / Kylián