Lucas Lima has danced major classical roles such as Benvolio, Mercutio and Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, the Court Jester in Swan Lake and Cinderella, Albrecht and the peasant pas de deux in Giselle, Count Vronsky and Levin in Anna Karenina and Lensky in Onegin. He has performed as Lescaut in MacMillan’s Manon and the leading role of Des Grieux in the bedroom pas de deux from the same ballet. Autumn 2021, he was appointed Principal Dancer.
He has also danced solo parts in Balanchine’s Symphony in C and a pas de trois in Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto no. 2. Other major productions have included Duato’s Por vos muero and Multiplicity, Tetley’s Voluntaries, Forsythe’s Enemy in the Figure and Steptext, Kylián’s One of a Kind, Sarabande, Symphony of Psalms, Sweet Dreams, Petite Mort and Bella Figura, as well as Same Difference by León and Lightfoot. Roles have also been created for him by Øyen, Boyadjiev and Lee.
Lima is also a choreographer and has created such works as Distant Closeness for the Norwegian National Ballet, Suite for Ten in Six for the NNB 2 and A Midsummer Night’s Dream for the Norwegian National Ballet School. He has been an instructor at the Norwegian National Ballet School since 2017. Originally from Brazil, Lima graduated from the Royal Ballet School in London, where he performed in several of the Royal Ballet’s productions before joining the Norwegian National Ballet in 2009.
- Blomstervals par in The Nutckracker
- Bonde pas de deux in Giselle
- Bronseidol in La Bayadère
- Chroma in A Night of Dance x 12
- Gods & Dogs in A Night of Dance x 12
- Lenskij in Onegin
- Manon: Des Grieux in Lyset på Nasjonalballetten
- Menn in MATS EK
- Menn in MATS EK …
- One of a kind in Kylián: One of A Kind
- Resonance in Baroque Movement
- Romeo og Julie: Romeo in Lyset på Nasjonalballetten
- Tchaikovsky Pas de deux in A Night of Dance x 12
- Vespertine in Baroque Movement
- Vronskij in Anna Karenina